Modern mini homes offer most of the same features as new stick-built homes at a much lower price. That’s what brings many families and young couples to us at Havill’s, they see a mini home as an affordable way to get onto the HRM property ladder. Once they move in though, they realize that a mini home in a land lease community actually provides everything they need and know that they’ll end up staying a lot longer than they originally intended.
A beautiful new mini home could be just what your family needs to thrive. Here’s why:
- All the space you need. Most of the mini homes Havill’s offers have three bedrooms, many of which, offer two bathrooms, with an area of up to 1184 sq ft. Our homes offer spacious open-plan living areas and luxurious kitchens with all the storage you need (some even have pantries), and you can opt for models with mudrooms that have laundry hook-ups. Don’t need three bedrooms? There are also a wide array of floorplans that are almost as big but only have two bedrooms. You have a lot of options that will fit how you want to use the space.
- You’re building a financial future. Every mortgage payment that you make goes towards building equity for you and your family, not a landlord!
- Supportive and safe communities to place your home. Havill’s has access to approximately a dozen land lease communities throughout the HRM & surrounding areas that offer a range of amenities—such as playgrounds and basketball courts—and most are close to excellent school systems. Our homeowners love how everyone looks after each other in their communities, and tell us that they feel supported by their neighbours.
- No weird rules regarding pets. Though some communities have regulations as to how many pets you can have, almost all communities will welcome cats and dogs. You can have your pets in your own space and not have to worry about landlords making a fuss.
- No more sharing walls and ceilings with noisy neighbours: When you’re trying to get kids to sleep, there are few things worse than listening to your neighbour blasting music or their Playstation, acting like their apartment is a nightclub. Plus, you also don’t have to worry about your kids running and making noise, or your baby crying and disturbing other people, which can be very stressful.
- Outside space to play in. While lot sizes vary, there’s usually going to be enough space outside of your mini home for a playhouse and for your kids to run around. Many of our communities back onto greenspace and trails, and there will be plenty of other kids in the community to play with. It’s a lot easier for kids to have a more authentic play-filled childhood when they aren’t stuck in a condo or apartment building.
Dreaming of making a move to a beautiful new mini home with your family? Reach out to our team to find out the first steps in making that dream come true. Nothing makes us happier than helping people with this important step in their lives.